Monday, June 08, 2009

Getting ready...


So let me recap a little what is happening for those who have been out of the loop and absent from blogland.

This Saturday - June 13 - is the Canadian Blogger Meeting #2 in Ontario!! :) Woohoo!!!

This all really started 2 years ago in 2007. Basically, Ames and I were chatting and we wanted to meet and go somewhere together. Actually, I wanted to go the RWA which was held in Texas if I remember correctly, but yeah, I was lazy... didn't plan/think it out... and in the end, it was too late. So instead, I thought why not go to Toronto! Toronto is the big city in between Montreal where I live and Winnipeg where Ames lives. Also, I knew that Kristie, Cindy and Seneca were living in that area... So that was the first Canadian Bloggers Meeting: Ames, Kristie, Cindy and me :) We had great fun and seriously, it was AWESOME!!! Seneca wasn't able to join us in Toronto, but Ames and I rented a car and went to visit her :) Yep, quite adventurous we are :)

We had plans to repeat the event last year, in 2008, especially with Cindy's invitation to her pool :P Unfortunately, some things came up (read: lack of funds on my part ^_^;) and we decided to cancel...

Earlier this year (actually, I think it was around Thanksgiving... Nope, it was back in February, I think I'm confusing with another So Cal Meet Up. Ugh, these ladies are lucky, they do it a couple of times per year...) , the So Cal bloggers held a meeting, a really successful one, and they all blogged about it :P So Kristie wrote a post wanting to hold a second Canadian Bloggers Meeting, this time also open to any neighbours from the South who would be able to make it. We finally settled on a date, issue formal invitations and voilà. I am heading for London, Ontario, Wenesday morning :) Going to hang out with Kristie, then we'll make our way together to Cindy :) On Saturday, we will have the official meeting on Saturday where we will be joined by Lea and her friend. Initially, both Ames and Seneca were supposed to join us, but stuff happened and they are not anymore :( Next time though! There will be a next time!!

So there it is, the story!

So here are stuff I need(ed) to do to get ready...

- Pick up train ticket
- Buy a webcam
- Pack
- Make a list of books for the book exchange
- Clean my room (almost done... at least, it's better!)
- Buy snacks
- Buy some allergy medicine
- Charge batteries

I'm sure there is more stuff that's supposed to be on that list, but I just can't remember at the moment... Hope I'll be able to remember by tomorrow!! One more day!!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! I hope you have a great time. It sounds wonderful, especially the book swap. I hope everyone posts about it.

    OT- I nominated you for an award,
    here. I know you just got caught up last week with the others you've been nominated for. :)

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo jealous of you guys! You're going to have the best time. And I want lots of details on Kristie's library. What I wouldn't give to go pawing through her book collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so out of the loop, I have no idea what is happening with anyone anymore.

    Have fun, hon.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you are all going to have to spill the details, right? Thanks for the update. Give everyone a hug from the SoCal chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!

    Yeah, I'm too excited!

    Get pictures of Kristie's kitchen for me too. She hasn't posted any yet. Bad Kristie ;)

    I'm going to miss Ames and I was so looking forward to meeting Seneca but we'll get to it yet!

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are going to have such a good time!! I can't wait to hear about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda - Hi Amanda!! thank you for the award!! I'll try to get to it asap :P

    I'll definitively blog about it :)

    Wendy - LOL :) Come over, Wendy! :) I already know that I'm going to have a great time :) The plan tomorrow is to take pics of Kristie's house - the library, the kitchen, everything! LOL :)

    Seneca - It's understandable, you're really busy :)

    Rosie - LOL, yes, I know :) But you know what? Since I'm staying at people's house - that means easy access to internet! So I'll be able to blog and not forget anything ;)

    and I will hug everyone :)

    Cindy - Okay, it's on my list of things to do! :)

    Can't wait for the day to be over!!

    Lori - Thanks! :) Like I was telling Rosie, I think I'll be able to blog everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for and jealous of you ladies! I'm sure you all will have A LOT of fun. :D

    I'm looking forward to reading the details. *g*

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun, ladies! Sounds like a blast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the pictures. Hope you all have tons of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you guys have fun!

    ReplyDelete