Thursday, October 01, 2009

Re-Read Challenge: September!!

***This is a sticky post. Please scroll down for new posts***

Being sick sucks. Yes, yes, I know - nothing new, everyone knows that. However, it needs to be repeated. Ugh. I'm still not running 100% :( I'm having a bad case of sinus congestion... and it hurts!! My cheekbones hurt and my teeth ache :( And I can feel the pressure across my face... really not fun. So it's bothering me a little bit. Plus, work has been kicking my ass and my experiment is not really working like I want... so I don't have time to blog or blog-hop at work and that hurts a lot... so I'm behind on most of the things I want to do: blogging, reading, cleaning, etc. Let just say I'm a bit annoyed, sigh.

Enough ranting! Let see how many people did their re-reads this month :) Luckily, I did mine early this month! All I need is to write the review, which is the most difficult part, right? LOL :) I'm hoping for a better turn up this month, since we only had 10 reviews last month... but blogland has been very quiet lately, so I doubt it. For those who don't make it, you don't need to apologize or give me an explanation :) This is just for fun and we all have life and we all know that life doesn't go as planned :) So no need to feel bad :D

Well you know the drill right? Post a link to your review in the comment section to be eligible for the 10$ gift certificate draw :D You have till Thursday, October 1st at 11.59pm :) I'll draw a name on Friday morning :D

Enjoy everyone!!


Kris: The Bride Finder by Susan Carroll
Isabel: Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James
Jill: Shadow Touch by Marjorie M. Liu
Nath: His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik
Tracy: Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
Taja: The Return of Luke McGuire by Justine Davis
Leslie: Dark Stranger by Heather Graham

15 comments:

  1. yay, i got mine up!!!!
    http://the-reading-spot.blogspot.com/2009/09/re-read-challenge-bride-finder.html
    The Bride Finder by Susan Carroll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is ready!

    http://moonlightpath97.blogspot.com/2009/09/re-read-just-sexiest-man-alive-by-julie.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you aren't feeling well - that does suck and you can always count on support when you are feeling rough!

    cindys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nath,

    I hope you feel better. Last week I thought I was getting sick because I had a scratchy throat, but I took Airbourne and it went away. That stuff really works. It is probably too late now for that, but remember it for next time.

    I was able to complete my challenge this month. Yay! Here is the link: http://romancerookie.blogspot.com/2009/09/re-read-challange-review-shadow-touch.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris - Yay!! I hope I'll have time for mine!!

    Cindy - Thanks Cindy!! I'm starting to wonder if it's really sinus congestion. It just really hurts :(

    Jill - Thanks, I'll have to remember that! Airbourne... Hmmm, never heard, but will definitively try it out. Everything to avoid this pain again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nath, I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling all that well. I really hope this changes soon. I keep my fingers crossed! :)

    But yeah, I can still enter this month's challenge! My review will be up tomorrow. Now I need to go and sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you're still under the weather! Get better soon - no sickies coming to CA! lol

    Here's my re-read review for Sept.
    Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning.

    http://ahhhhhromance.blogspot.com/2009/09/re-read-challenge-review-kiss-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nath
    No reread for me. My TBR is too big. Just wanted to say hi & hope you feel better. Sinus infections are very painful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. posted: http://booksandgames.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/re-read-challenge-the-return-of-luke-mcguire-by-justine-davis/

    I hope you're a bit better today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awe nath... (((hugs))). Cheek bones hurting ouch! Been there too. Sometimes what works for me is take a washclothe, get it wet, fold it length wise a few times then microwave it as hot as you can stand it. Then place it across the bridge of your nose, pressing down on your nose and cheek bones. Sounds weird but sometimes it works.:)

    Hope you feel better soon!

    Here's my re-read
    http://lesliespsyche.blogspot.com/2009/10/review-dark-stranger.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. No review for me, alas, I read Mine Till Midnight, but tapping out a review with the busted wrist is beyond me right now. I'll look forward to reading everyone else's, tho'!

    Hope you feel better soon. Can't wait to see you next week! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rats!! I missed it this time. I did reread a book - Blue Eyed Devil - but didn't get the review written. This month for sure!!
    And awww on the feeling yucky. I've had sinus colds and they are awful. You just want to reach and and take the face off so you can clear out those sinuses don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Taja - Well surprisingly, it seems to be gone!!! At least, it hurts a lot less, so I'm knocking on wood :D

    Tracy - LOL, I've been kind of worried about sinus infection and flying :P Seems like it's clearing though so I'm knocking on wood :D No sickies in CA :D

    Mary G - LOL, but there's a reason why you keep all those keepers right? Don't you want to remember the feeling? :P

    I guess I was very lucky. All I felt was pressure in my cheekbones... It did hurt a little and the teeth, ugh. However, I had no migraine, I slept well, I could breathe... I was just a bit uncomfortable... so I was better off than many.

    Leslie - OMG, thank you sooo much Leslie for your advice!! It really helped! :D Love ya!!!

    Renee - Awww, you were halfway done, but yeah with a busted wrist, the difficult part just became harder, right? Hopefully, your wrist will be better soon :D

    Kristie - Soooo happy to see you blogging again! Don't worry about the challenge, as long as you're blogging, I'm happy!! :D

    I know!!! The worst is that I kept blowing my nose, but nothing came out... I mean, how am I suppose to get better then?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're welcome. :)
    So glad I could help. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nath
    I forgot, I did reread a book. Lisa Marie Rice was guesting on Beth Kery's blog & I picked up Dangerous Passions to refer to some wonderful passages & ending up reading the whole book. You are right, keepers are for the good feelings they evoked.

    ReplyDelete