Thursday, May 06, 2010

Review: Heart of Stone by Jill Marie Landis

First, I'd like to say that I'm sorry I haven't replied to any of the comments left on my posts. I will try to do so very soon and also, start blog-hoping again! So please, don't take it personally!

Also, I'm not feeling very good lately. I've been feeling quite dizzy lately - I think it's due to lack of sleep. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch on it soon. However, if you don't hear from me, you know why...

Finally, most interestingly is that I have a review up at Breezing Through with Monroe, Ames and Chantal :D We've all read Jill Marie Landis' newest release, Heart of Stone. Click here to find out what we thought of it. I'm really happy that I've finally read my first book by Ms Landis, as I've heard a lot of good things about her writing :) Also, there is a giveaway!! Actually, several copies are going to be given away!! So don't forget to leave a comment!! :D

Heart of Stone by Jill Marie Landis
published by Zondervan in March 2010


Laura Foster (aka Lovie Lane), wealthy widowed owner of a refined boardinghouse in Glory, Tex., is running from her tainted past and ruined childhood in a tale set in the 1870s. Laura does everything in her power to overcome the odds and create a life free of shame and abuse. Partly succeeding, she is thrown off-kilter when handsome Rev. Brand McCormick, a widower, takes a romantic interest in her. Laura knows with dead certainty that Brand would never come calling if he knew the truth of her past, so she rebuffs his attention at every turn. But the good reverend just won't be put off. Both characters have much to reveal that will test their love, faith, and loyalty to one another.
Genre: Western/American colonial romance, inspirational romance
Series: Irish Angels series, Book #1