Sunday, August 01, 2010

Hauling Sunday VI

Sigh, last week started out awful and got me really down :( Luckily, it ended it on a good note, except for the fact that it's a long week-end and I had to work yesterday and will be in tomorrow. Sigh. Definitively time to look for a new job.

I have lots of posts to write, being the end of the month and hopefully, I'll get it done :P Blogland has been kind of quiet, but hey, I haven't been at the peak of my game either... so not a complaint, just an observation :) I'm really hoping to get back into the game soon. It's just that work is killing me.

I did a quick stop at the bookstore this week :) Had to hand in my new list to James for August and September. Seriously, is it me or the rest of the year has very little releases?!? While I was the bookstore, I picked up


Burning Up is an anthology and I want because of Nalini Singh and Meljean Brook. This also is the start of Ms Brook's new steampunk romance series :P

Hot Finish by Erin McCarthy - Third book in the Fast Track series featuring Ryder and Suzanne :P I've been curious about them :P

The good news was that both these were paperback releases. That was a surprise, because I was expecting both to be trade-size for some reasons. Well in any case, my wallet was pretty happy :)

All right, well there's another sale at the bookstore, this time buy 2, get the 3rd free :P So I'm heading there right now to cheer myself up :) Then, I'll come home to work on reviews, new releases, re-read  challenge posts... and my CV ^_^;

Hope you're having a good week-end :P

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time at work. I've been there, done that.

    You'll have to review Hot Finish and let me know how it is. Suzanne and Ryder have been on everyone's radar, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori - Thanks Lori. Seriously, I don't know how you do it. I know you work extremely long weeks and I'm in awe. I'm really burned at the moment... and with no vacation in sight T_T

    Hot Finish was hot :) You'll probably enjoy it a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Nath, I hope work gets better for you. Or maybe a change is what you need. Update that CV and start sending it out.

    So Hot Finish was hot. LOL I'm surprised & happy that it's in mmp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh you got Burning Up, I'm looking forward to reading that anthology, I'm so glad this one is paperback. I'm getting tired of all the trade-size anthologies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie - Ugh, I'm dragging my feet on the CV. suddenly, it doesn't seem such a good idea anymore LOL.

    and very hot, Hot Finish :P

    Hilcia - Nod nod. I think you're going to enjoy :)

    And I agree with you, I don't get why anthologies should be trade-size... if they do mmp, there's more chance people are going to buy it, no?

    ReplyDelete