Sunday, August 08, 2010

Hauling Sunday VII

My plan this week-end was to relax: read and blog basically LOL. Turns out, I went on an impromptu visit with my sister to my uncle and his family in Quebec City. I had a great time - it's always fun to hang out with family :) However, that means little reading and no blogging... Sigh, that means my Monthly Reads post is going to be very late again. Ah well.

At least, I'll be on time for this post :P Very limit, but still on time :) Here are my purchases for the week, thanks for a "Buy 2, get the 3rd free" promo from Chapters/Indigo! Yay!


Looks like this week, I was in a romantic suspense mood :P

Deadly Fear by Cynthia Eden - I've been hearing a lot of good about Ms Eden and so, I wanted to give her a try. I'm a bit burned out on paranormal romance, so I elected to go with this one :)

Dangerous Desires and Desperate Deeds by Dee Davis - Like I said, I was in a romantic suspense kick. I already got Dark Deceptions and I thought "why not?" Better be prepared in case I love Dark Deceptions :)

Her Last Chance by Michele Albert - I have the first two or three books in this series, but still haven't read them. This one caught my attention because it's an ex-cop vs a FBI agent :) Rivalry can be a very good premise... and very hot as well :P

The Reckoners by Doranna Durgin - Looks like part paranormal, part urban fantasy, part sci-fi. My choice is based a bit on the fact that the publisher is Tor and it sounds different :)

Shadows at Midnight by Elizabeth Jennings - I read Pursuit and enjoyed it a lot. Looking forward to this new release :)

Overall, a pretty good week buying-wise :) I almost picked up Veil of Night by Linda Howard as well on Friday... but I stopped myself (I was at the bookstore, literally with the book in hand - it wasn't easy!).I really like the premise of it, it sounds to me liked a grounded story. However, I'm just not sure it's worth the HC price. So I'm going to be patient *gasp* and wait for reviews... so please people, hurry up! :)