Sunday, May 18, 2008

My room in chaos

Well that's nothing new really, LOL :) It's been messy like forever, but as I said, I had big plans for my room and I've started them.

I got my computer last Tuesday, but it took time before I installed it. First, I had to empty my old hard drive and saved all the information, files, etc. So that's what I did on Wednesday. On Thursday, I moved the two desks and switch them. Then, I put up the computer. I'm happy with the computer... I don't really care about the speed and memory, because I knew it was better than my old computer... one thing I was worried though is whether it was noisy or not. My old computer was very very quiet. I'm glad to say that this one is equally quiet :D So yay me! I've started re-installing some of the programs, but not all. I'm trying to not clutter my computer as much as the old one. We'll see how it goes...

On Friday, I went to Ikea with my mom. I've decided to buy "cheaper" bookcases. The wood is not as nice, but 399$+tax+delivery for the bookcase I want was just a bit too much. Now, I've paid half and I got more space. Sure the wood is not as nice, but hey, it's all about compromise... and also the money in my wallet LOL :P Here are the 2 bookcases I bought:


So yesterday, I disassemble the desk I was getting rid of. I've realized that I get very attached to my things. Well it's not something new... but it made me feel a bit bad to get rid of my old computer and desk :( However, now I know that it's going to a good home (the monk at the temple) instead of the trash, so I'm relieved.

So today's plan is to assemble the bookcases. I hope I'll have enough space in my room... the bookcases are 2m high. I'm not afraid that it won't fit LOL :) We learn from others (thanks Kristie!!) and so I did measure the space that I had and even my car (see whether I had enough place to bring them back home or I had to have them delivered...) and they will fit. The only thing is I don't know if I have 2m on my floor to assemble them ^_^;

Unfortunately, I don't have my camera at home to take pics. My sister is on vacation (sniff, sniff... I do kind of miss her...) so no piccies until June 8 at least. The good thing about her gone though is that I can use her room as storage, LOL :) So right now, her room is as bad as mine... oups. That means I have two rooms to clean out... but it's all for a good cause no? I just can't wait to have the bookcases up so I can play around and finally SHELVE THE BOOKS! (Ames, after this, you won't hear about me complaining about shelving the books for a loooooong time :P) Luckily, this week-end is a long week-end here in Canada :P

So how's your week-end going?