Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of work...

Hi everyone :D

So first day of work was yesterday :) It's still a bit too early to say how the job is going to be in the future, but so far it's okay. LOL, the professor tends to talk a lot and says the same things over and over again. My friend who referred me who is now going to be known as SW gave me an advice: whenever I get new results, to go see him right away... LOL, cos it might be long before I can start the next experiment :)

There's a resident that's starting at the same time as me. He's only going to be there for 3 months, but I'm happy not to be the only one starting. Poor SW though, because the professor is: Ask SW if you don't understand this and that. So yeah, SW is stuck with the new ppl :)

Two things that are annoying though is that I'm not going to get my ID card and pass till 2 weeks, so that means I can't come and go as I wish... I'll have to call every morning for someone to open the door :( Second thing, I don't have an employee number yet so I can't get a parking pass till next Thursday (first pay, yay!) and that means I'm going to have to park my car around the hospital... there's not much free parkings around and then, it's all: you can't park here from 8.30-9.30am or from 3-6pm, etc. So that means I'll have to play around a bit and move the car.

Okay, onto the great things though... Remember I told you that accepting this position meant a decrease of salary? Yeah, well it's still a decrease... but I get 4 weeks of vacation!! Hurrah!! (most ppl when starting a job only gets 2...) So 4 weeks of vacation, 12 sick days and 13 statuary holidays :) Hey, I'll take that!! In addition, I get fringe benefits, which I didn't get with my previous job. So I'm all happy, really :) Of course, all this starts in 3 months once I pass the probation period... but I'm not worried about that :D

So how about you guys? What's new?