Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hauling Sunday XLVI

Ugh, is it possible to have a hang-over without drinking? Because I think that's what happened to me ^_^; I woke up on Friday with a sore throat and an achy ear... Not the most promising start of the day. I went to work and at least, Friday was a very relaxed day - very welcomed after the bad week I had. The clinic went well - I was able to recruit patients and there was low drama. Then, once I came back to my lab, I only had to take care of a few details :) That evening, we were all supposed to eat out - all-you-can-eat sushi - to celebrate our friend finishing his master program :) I have to say, I was looking forward to it, as we've had very few opportunity to hang out after hours...


So the reservation was at 7.30pm. I showed up early, which was okay... Unfortunately, the celebree - let's call him K - was revising his thesis with his supervisor. K was done on Tuesday with his thesis and he's been so happy and cheerful... till Friday. When I saw him on Friday, he looked all deflated, so sad :( Anyway, when we left for the restaurant, he was stuck with his supervisor... His labmate decided to wait for them and the other master student who was still not done with her thesis was going to come together with them... and they showed up at 8.30pm... and K and his supervisor were not even done yet ^_^; So after eating, they went back to the lab ^_^;


The rest of the group and I went to a bar, we figured they couldn't have much more to discuss and we should hang out a bit more, i.e. minus the supervisor. Also, another of our co-worker who couldn't make it for dinner was joining us afterwards. So we got to the bar at around 10.45pm... and waited while sipping drinks (Coca-Cola for me :P)... and waited... and waited till 2.45am and he still hadn't shown up ^_^; At which time, we called it quit. Seriously, being a graduated student is hard ^_^;


And because I'm not used to staying up so late, it screwed up all my week-end LOL. Felt really bad yesterday and therefore slept most of it. My sore throat is still not gone, although my ear is better. It also means I've barely done anything ^_^; No cleaning... no blogging... no planning :( Ugh.

So that's the story of my week-end. Hopefully, I'll have recover by tomorrow to start the week on a good footing!

LOL, enough about this boring stuff! Let's talk book. Unfortunately, this is going to be very short, because I only got one new book...


Hexed by Kevin Hearne - This is the second book of the series. Enjoyed the first one and was really looking forward to this one, partly to see how the series would evolve, partly because there's tons of witches in the story and partly because of the cover :)


Hexed was supposed to be the last book I bought before RWA... however, there was a 25% off at Chapters/Indigo... and I couldn't resist ^_^; So I went and bought some books today... but to find out what I bought, you'll have to come back next week :)

Now, to an excellent week!... I can always dream :P