Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hauling Sunday XLVIII - RWA Special Edition, part IV

All right, after this one, there's one more left! We're getting to the end! I'm finishing up the books from the publishers signings :)


Berkley


True Colors by Joyce Lamb - I read Cold Midnight and while I had issues with it, I'm still interested in reading her books :)

Beaglemania by Linda O. Johnston - When I was researching the authors attending the RWA Literacy Autographing event, I stumbled across Ms Johnston and this new book. Isn't the cover cute? So when I saw it was available at the publisher signing, I asked Ms Johnston for an autographed copy :)

Chosen by Blood by Virna DePaul - This is a release that caught my eyes and I've been holding off getting because I knew I'd find it at RWA :) It's paranormal and as we know, Berkley has very, very good paranormal series :)

Deadly Notions by Elizabeth Lynn Casey - I'm not big on mystery, but I've been thinking of branching out a little. Just you know, to avoid reading slump. Now, this might not be the place to start, as it's the 4th book in a series, but still it's a first step :)

Red Heat by Nina Bruhns - I've never read Ms Bruhns, but I couldn't help myself getting this book... there's just something about the cover LOL. Also, I've just found out this was romantic suspense, not paranormal LOL.

Texas Blue by Jodi Thomas - I got to see Ms Thomas again!! I much prefer Ms Thomas' contemporary romance, but I wasn't going to say no to her newest western release. Especially since Hils enjoyed it :)

Skin Dive by Ava Gray- Okay, I admit it, I haven't read any books in this series yet and I'm pretty sure I have the first two... but hey, if I ever do and fall in love with the series, I'll have the next book right? :)

Nightshade by Michelle Rowen - I've been debating getting this book or not...now, I didn't have to :)

Blood Law by Karin Tabke - Got this one because of the cover. It's gorgeous I think.

Enemy Games by Marcella Burnard - I've been meaning to give a try to this author. There was a buzz for her first book, Enemy Within, but when I came by her table, she didn't have any left. I think it's better that way, because when I read the blurbs, I was more interested in Enemy Games ;)

Kindred Spirits by Sarah Strohmeyer - I've heard a lot of good about Ms Strohmeyer and I have a few books of hers in my TBR pile. Now I have one more :)

Any Wicked Thing by Margaret Rowe - I haven't heard of this book, but once again gorgeous cover... and she was sitting next to Ms Rowen, so it just made sense to get it as well :)

Slow Dancing on Price's Piper by Lisa Dale - I didn't expect to see Ms Dale at the publisher signing, but when I saw Slow Dancing on Price's Piper, I immediately thought of Hilcia. Hils is a big fan of Ms Dale and really enjoyed this book. I'm still not sure it's going to be to my liking, but now I can find out for myself :)

Hidden Embers by Tessa Adams - Once again, great cover :) But what drew my attention is that Ms Adams had the cover of her new YA book, Tempest Rising, on the table - that one is really gorgeous! The premise sounds pretty interesting as the heroine is a mermaid and I want to give that book a try. At least with Hidden Embers, I'll be sampling Ms Adams' writing :)

Mesmerized by Lauren Dane - Been hearing a lot of great stuff about this series :)

Sex on the Slopes by Susan Lyons - Fellow Canadian :) Also an author I've been wanting to try :)


New American Library


Viper Moon by Lee Roland - New UF series. Did I tell you what the series was called? Earth Witches. Yes, it says it all LOL. Hey, I'm nothing if not consistent about my reading tastes :)

Frostbitten by Sharon Ashwood - I've read Ms Ashwood debut novel Ravenous and enjoyed it. However, it didn't wow me and at the time, I had so many more series/books to read that I let this series slide. Well I'm going to reconsider because 1) Ms Ashwood has just won the RITA award for Unchained (Book #3), 2) I didn't realize it was different H/H in each book and 3) the blurb sounds good :)

One Whisper Away by Emma Wildes - I fell in love with Ms Wildes books and I've been holding off to get my hand on this one. Do you know how hard it was?!? Now, I finally have it!

Tempting the Marquess by Sara Lindsey - Had the chance to meet Ms Lindsey during the conference and wanted to give her book a try :)

Shady Lady by Ann Aguirre - I initially didn't intend to get this book. In fact, I wanted to have my copy of Nightfall signed... but this was the last copy and I couldn't resist :)

Cold Touch by Leslie Parrish - I know Holly loved the first book of this series and usually, that would have been enough for me to pick it up... not to mention that there are psychics in this series. Unfortunately, the heroine of Cold Sight was a reporter and even though Holly assured me she wasn't annoying, I just didn't want to risk it. Shouldn't have any problem with Cold Touch though :)

Bad Girl by Night by Lacey Alexander - I read a book by Ms Alexander and enjoyed it a lot, so decided to pick up this one.

Visions of Magic by Regan Hastings - Another book about witches with a gorgeous cover :) How can I resist?


Simon & Schuster


Love Story by Jennifer Echols - I've enjoyed Ms Echols writing in the past. I have doubts about the premises of this book... however, Ames is really looking forward to it and Rowena said it was better than her last release :)

At Hidden Falls by Barbara Freethy - It's been a while since I last read Ms Freethy, but I'm looking for a good contemporary romance and hoping this will be it :)

Enemy Lover by Karin Harlow - This was the last copy and I snagged it LOL.

Shadow Chase by Seressia Glass - I've been meaning to try this series and was happy to score this book :)


Grand Central Publishing


To Tempt a Rake by Cara Elliott - I read Ms Elliott's first book To Sin with a Scoundrel and thought it was okay. I wasn't going to pick up more, but this one really sounds interesting. I love reconciliation story :) By the way, there's something lately about heroine and botany. Hmmmm....

Beg For Mercy by Jami Alden - I've had my eyes on this one for a while. I think that Grand Central Publishing has a great array of authors for romantic suspense... From what I heard, this one is dark and gritty :) So happy to have gotten my hands on it! :)

My Immortal Assassin and My Dangerous Pleasure by Carolyn Jewel - I read the first two books in the series and then, it somehow slipped off my radar ^_^;Well now, it's back on thanks to Grand Central Publishing, Ms Jewel and Rosie :)

Edge of Sight, Shiver of Fear and Face of Danger by Roxanne St. Claire - Leslie has been enjoying this trilogy a lot and I've wanted to give it a try, but decided to wait till RWA. I did not expect however to score all three books! Yay!

Dark Awakening by Kendra Leigh Castle - A new paranormal series, can never have enough of those LOL. I like the cover, but we'll see if I'll get to it ^_^;

The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship by Lisa Verge Higgins - If I'm not wrong, this is women's fiction. The story is about friendship between 4 friends after one has died. It sounds good, love the cover and guess what? My sister wants to read it!

How Sweet It Is by Sophie Gunn - I'm happy I got this book, because I've been debating whether or not to take a chance on it. It's contemporary! The only reason I haven't leaped yet is that the heroine is a single mother of a teenage girl... Babies and toddlers are cute, but teenagers are another story. Hopefully, I'll enjoy :)

Two Lethal Lies by Annie Solomon - This book sounds pretty good. I'm telling you, Grand Central Publishing is soon going to become synonymous of RS :)

Sleep No More by Susan Crandall - Like I said above. Can never have enough RS.

Black Ties and Lullabies by Jane Graves - I've read and enjoyed Ms Graves' books in the past. Seems like a while since she last released a book, but I'm glad to see she did :)


Samhain


Not Knowing Jack by K.A. Mitchell - Ms Mitchell is an awesome person and she's gained an unconditional fan in me forever LOL.

Under the Midnight Sun by Vivian Arend - This book contains Wolf Games and Wolf Tracks. Basically, I've been wanting to read Wolf Signs because the heroine is deaf... but she didn't have that one, so I picked up this one :) I'll get to try Ms Arend's writing :)