Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I wish you all an awesome and fun year to come 
and
 may 2014 be filled with love, joy, health and good books!


Hi everyone! How are you doing? I hope you're having a great holiday! Mine has been pretty good so far :) After the year we've had, my sister and I wanted to finish the year with some cheer and so were really in the mood for the holidays :) We haven't had a tree for 12 years, but this year, we got one as you can see in the above picture :P We also went all out on the gifts :P My favorites came from my sister...



I can't believe the last time I blogged was in November!! Time goes by so fast, it's unbelievable! I wanted to a lot of times, but nothing would come to mind. My blogging muse was still missing in action and in addition, I got into a reading slump. December is never a good reading month for me :( Also, with everything happening this year, I've been soooo behind on my reviews, monthly recaps and so on... I figured I should wait till the New Year and start with a clean slate :) And that's what I'm going to do. Unfortunately, that means a lot of good books I read last year, I won't be reviewing... but seriously, there's just no way to catch up. I think I made it till around May ^_^; Also, I've fallen behind on my excel spreadsheet and that means there'll be no "2013 in numbers..." post :( However, there will be a "Favorite Reads of 2013" post, so that's something :) I'm sad about giving up 6 months of blogging, but at the same time, it's a pressure off my shoulders and I think starting anew will make blogging fun again :) I thought of changing the background of the blog to reflect the new start, but in the end, I really like this background :P

As a result, my resolution this year for blogging is just to enjoy it and start commenting again :P

What about me? Well I'm still recovering I guess. It's been almost two months since the surgery and lately, well I've been feeling some twinges and twitches again... Makes me a bit nervous from time to time, but otherwise, I'm okay. Just learning to live with it. The good news is that I can now curl! Woohoo!! Starting again this Sunday, just can't wait LOL. Although not curling wasn't a bad thing... because while I was recovering, I picked up a new hobby... crochet! I never thought I'd like it, but it's kind of addicting :) My sister wanted to make an infinity scarf and I've been thinking of buying one for myself as well... but making one sounded more cool! And it's actually quite fun LOL. While I picked up crocheting, my sister chose knitting :P That's how she made my broom cover :P Want to see some of my handiwork?


It's really addicting! Once you start, you don't want to stop... However, there are just so many scarves I can make!

Looking back on 2013, it wasn't a bad year per se. Of course, the bad stuff tends to jump to mind such as my aunt's funeral and the appendicitis. However, there were also a lot of good things that happened such as the Punta Cana trip, my second cousin's wedding, Ames' visit, seeing Oliver twice in a year, etc.! I guess what I should say was that 2013 was a very, very busy year with many events disrupting my schedule and routine and in turn, affecting my reading and blogging. LOL, see my priorities here? :P So for 2014, I'm hoping for a healthy and peaceful year... for me and everyone :) And so far, so good because the only plan I have is to eventually re-do my closet... yes, my closet :P Let see if I can fit more books in there!

Once again, Happy New Year! May we all have an awesome 2014!