Thursday, May 05, 2016

E-books Library Format

Ugh. After going out the past two days, I was looking forward to coming home straight from work and blog, update my spreadsheets, read... Of course, it didn't happen that way. Instead, there was a huge accident on the bridge and therefore, huge traffic jam. The good news is I wasn't stuck in traffic. Instead, my sister and I went shopping (she's looking for a bridal shower's gift. If anyone has a suggestion, feel free to share!). Came home empty-handed, sigh. Anyway, all to say that there's a reason why this post is so late today!

All right, e-books library! We often share pictures of our physical bookshelves, but what about the virtual ones? I was talking with Rowena yesterday about our e-books library and she sent me pictures of hers... so I thought it'd be a great topic :)

First, how do you name your files? This is the format I use:

Author - [Series 0#] - Title

I use it for all formats - epub, pdf, mobi, etc. For authors, I usually go up to two if it's a collaboration. Any more and it falls under "Anthology."

As for the library itself, I file the ebooks by formats. And that's it.

Here is how it looks:




Lately, my "epub" folder is getting quite big and so, I'm considering sub-filing the ebooks into "A authors", "B authors", etc. folders.

What about you? What does your ebooks library look like?