Thursday, September 06, 2007

August Reads

It's a bit late, considering that the first week of September is almost over, but since I didn't know what to blog about, I decided to share my August reads with everyone :D

August started out as a good month and then, my reading mojo kind of disappeared with the accident. Luckily, it picked right up near the end of the month.

1) In The Midnight Hour by Patti O'Shea: B
(although I enjoyed it, I was a bit disappointed... I guess I anticipated this book so much, because Ms. O'Shea is one of my favorite author... This seems to be happening a lot to me lately)

2) Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon: A-
3) Tangled up in You by Rachel Gibson: B
4) Dakota Born by Debbie Macomber: C
5) Dead Shot by Annie Solomon: C-
6) The STone Flower Garden by Deborah Smith: C+
7) If Only in my Dreams by Wendy Markham: C
8) Falling Upwards by Kassandra Sims: DNF
9) Hot Wheels and High Heels by Jane Graves: C-
10) His Every Kiss by Laura Lee Guhrke: B
11) Coming Undone by Susan Andersen: B+
12) Missing by Jasmine Cresswell: C
13) The Pleasure Trap by Elizabeth Thornton: B-
14) C.J.'s Fate by Kay Hooper: B

Yeah, looking back, there wasn't many great reads either. It's so funny though... number-wise, it goes: reviews << books read<< books bought ^^;

I'd say my best reads of the month were definitively Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon. 2 books that I enjoyed though, C.J.'s Fate and In the Midnight Hour....

ah well, I'm going back to work now... I don't want to, but I have no choice :( I'll try to squeeze in a review tonight... See, the past few nights, I've been busy watching tennis... I hope Justine Henin beats Venus Williams tomorrow... Oh, and I'm getting back my car today!

6 comments:

  1. yeah, I didn't have very many amazing reads in August either. I am missing a wow book from this year, anyways. I have read a lot of good books that would get a 4 or 4.5 rating, but no 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read two this summer that I liked:

    "Desperate Duchesses" by Eloisa James, and the latest Crusie-Mayer collaboration: "Agnes and the Hitman."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Devil May Cry ~ but had to turn it back into the library before I could really get into it. Am anxiously waiting to get it back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Nath, I only read one from your list. I had the same feeling about If only in my dreams.
    Parts of it were really good, but a lot is bored the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we only read two the same - the Gibson and the Graves. I graded the Gibson around the same - maybe a + higher. And, well, you know I liked HWAHH much better *g*.
    And I still have the Susan Andersen book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kailana - I don't know... I've been losing interest in the books I read mid-way through... I don't know if it's the books or me. sigh.

    Kate - I don't enjoy historical romances that much... I've heard a lot about Eloisa James and Desperate Duchesses, but I don,t know... I don't want to jump in... I've pre-ordered Agnes and the Hitman, but I'm still waiting for it... I'm getting desperate for that book!

    Dev - You definitively have to get back Devil May Cry :D I think that whoever like Ash should read this book LOL :D

    Chantal - The thing that bothers me in if Only in my dreams is I don't understand how she goes back in time... why only her? also, why did she go back? i mean, she didn't have to! and as you say, some parts are really good, others are just plain boring...

    Kristie - it's okay you know :D we all have different tastes... but you know, I think I'm doing an overdose of the "my husband left me and took all my $$" plot :P

    ReplyDelete