Thursday, September 20, 2007

Heroes: my verdict

So Monday, I asked if anyone here was watching Heroes and they thought about it... and if I remember correctly, only Cindy and Rosie said they watched the show. The good news was that both enjoyed the show :D The majority of you said that you haven't watched the show, but heard good things about it... which was another plus. Nobody seemed to have heard any negative about this series... and this is rare :D

So you guys want to know what happened next?

LOL, I download a couple of episodes on Monday evening and the next day, decided to go buy the boxset LOL :) So I am now the proud owner of Heroes on DVD and have managed to watch the whole season in two evenings. Yes, I did fast-forward and skip some parts - but that was so I could go to sleep ^^; I'm now re-watching the whole thing to see what I miss, but seriously, I really enjoyed this tv series :D

So here are my thoughts:

- I really enjoy the tv series and you have to give credit to the whole cast, directors and producers. As the guy who came up with the idea said, superheroes have been done and overdone, but they still manage to create something great and compelling.

- the fact that all these people have powers remind me a bit of X-men, but that's to be expected. What i wonder about is that they all seem to have recently acquire their powers and no one knows when and what and understand them.

- there are a lot of characters and storylines going on at once and so it's a bit confusing, but that doesn't matter :D This series is very compelling... there's a lot of twists and turns and you keep wondering is this person good, bad, both? What I like is that it's not entirely black or white, but there's many shades of grey :D

- I have to admit that I think the cast is perfect. Everyone fits their role and they act very well :D my favorite character is probably Hiro Nakamura :D He's so cute and funny and full of optimism :D I understand why the actor was nominated at the golden globes and emmy.

The one thing that I disliked was the lack of friendship/camaraderie. The pacing of this series is very fast, one thing happens after the other. Each character or group of characters have a goal that they are pursuing and as a result, characters only cross each other. I mean, how many times did Hiro and Peter meet each other? not more than 5 I think... What I'm trying to say is that the characters don't have time to get to know each other, sit down and develop a frienship... and I understand why and everything, but this is something I'd like to see in the next season.

So yeah, Heroes will probably be my obsession for the next few weeks :D Especially with the new season starting on Monday :D however, that doesn't stop me from reading :D