Monday, September 17, 2007

Quiet week-end and books!

Hello everyone :D

wow, this week-end was really quiet... Summer is over, fall is here... it's been quite chilly these last few days :( Sunny, but cool.

I've pretty much did nothing this week-end. Chalk it to exhaustion and laziness. I had plans to re-shelve my books... actually, I've had this plans for weeks... but it didn't happen :( Sigh. I've been trying to convince a friend to come over and help me... but smart girl, she refused. I went shopping with some friends on Sunday... bought a tank top. Got 50% off on the tank top... which was already on sale at 1.95$ LOL :) Yeah, I saved bunch!

This week-end was a rather good reading week-end. I read Dead Girls are Easy by Terri Garey, It's In His Kiss by Julia Quinn and The Wedding Party by Robyn Carr. All the books were okay read, nothing wow :( I went to the bookstore this week-end and there was nothing to buy... see I've pre-ordered most of the books I wanted for September and there wasn't many coming out to begin with... So today, I skipped lunch and went to the UBS... I bought 16 books... the ones that made me think "lucky me" were Family Tree by Barbara Delinski and Castle of the Wolf by Sandra Schwab... The rest were books that sounded interesting... and lucky me, the UBS were still holding the buy 3 get the 4th free sale.

Later, when my mom came home, she brought in 3 Chapters/Indigo online packages! That really made my day! So what books did I get? Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh and Die For Me by Karen Rose. These two books, I ordered back in August, but somehow, it seems my order was lost somewhere... I ended up buying them at the bookstore. Seriously, do you think I would have waited 2 weeks before I could read CBY? No way... I already promised CBY to a friend, but if anyone wants my 2nd copy of Die For Me, feel free :D I also got Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer... Finally!!! and Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder... I want the tradepaper format... I figure it'd be an investment :) and finally, tadada, Empire of Ivory by Naomi Novik!!! This is the 4th book in the series and I'm a bit anxious about reading it... I'm afraid I've been building up too much expectations... Sigh.

Last but not least, I've become kind of obssessd with Heroes, the tv show... Anyone has watched this? What's your opinion? I had friends who enjoyed it a lot and since I'm bored, I thought of watching it... but I'm not sure yet and so, I don't want to spend money buying the dvds yet...