Thursday, September 27, 2007

Burning out?

Lately, I've been wondering if I'm close to a burn-out. I'm sooo tired... but that's probably the lack of sleep. See, when I was in high school, classes started at 9h30 and I lived 5 minutes away. So I could go to sleep very late and still have a decent amount of sleep. As a result, I'm used to going to sleep at midnight. Once I started university/college, I kept the same hours... I mean, you never have 8 hours of class right... there's always some breaks here and there and so, it's not as taxing. Now that I'm at work, I've chose to work from 6.30 am to 3pm in order to avoid traffic jam. That means I have to be up at 5.30 am.... but here's the killer, I still go to sleep around 11.30 -12 pm. I feel like I've wasted time if I go to sleep before :( Like I could be doing something instead of sleeping. The problem is sooner or later, my body needs to catch up on the sleep and I end up falling asleep like yesterday... from 8ish to this morning. Sigh.

The worst however is not the fatigue, but the lack of motivation... everyday, I come to work, do an experiment and can't wait to go home. At the end of the day, my body weights a ton. Then, you add in the mood swings... Also, everyone has been commenting about my mood... apparently, I look like I'm in a bad mood. at least, that's what my mom and co-workers have been telling me. The truth is, I'm in no mood. takes too much energy. Anyway, all I know is I need a vacation... Of course, in about 3 weeks, there's a great possibility that I'll be out of job.... so I'm looking at a few months of unemployment. Why does that look more attractive than keeping my job and signing, possibly, a one-year contract? I can't even summon energy to care about my employment status. In my head, I'm already out of job in three weeks. (well you should know about my company... very bad management and all, so I really don't get my hopes high... not worth it). Oh well, I guess I'll have to figure something out soon for it.

Finally, I miss my friends... I think that was the most difficult element about starting a job. You go from seeing some people daily to not at all :( We've all gone into different directions and getting together is hard :( Can't even do it weekly... Luckily, I have you guys... I don't know what I would do without you. (be bored out of my mind).

Okay, now the depressing stuff has been talked about, let's get into a more cheerful mood :D

I updated my sidebar!! You like? So that's one thing crossed out of my list to do! Yay! that was easy :P I've started to sort through some books, but that's going slowly. I've also started cleaning my room...

and anyone caught the premiere of House on Tuesday night? I love season one and two of House... I thought season 3 was a bit of a let-down. I lost interest in it mid-way through the season, when that cop was on House's back. Also, the ending where Chase, Cameron and Foreman all quitted or were fired sucked. However, the premiere this week was interesting :D and I can't wait to see next week's eps. LOL :) Sounds promising.

Oh and one last thing! I've been asked by the girls at Book Binge to guest blog... anyone has a topic as a suggestion? something you'd like to read about?

Have a nice day all!

8 comments:

  1. Nath ~ you're not the only one with the moods. I think I've been in a permanent funk since July.

    I love the new sidebar and glad you got the time to do it :-) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nath--You gotta get more sleep! I know it's hard, wanting to do lots and feeling like sleep is wasting time. But I'm always amazed by how much better I feel if I get at least 7 hours, 8-9 is even better.

    Though getting up at 5:30?! That's tough. You'd have to go to bed around 10, wouldn't you? Hmm. It must be nice to get home from work so early though. That's something at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel. I also have to be up by 5:30 a.m. in order to get to work on time. I need at least ten hours of sleep to feel fully rested but I normally only get anywhere from 3-5 hours on a regular basis. Tired is my middle name. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikeys I'm tired after reading your schedule. It's not much comfort, I know, but just remember even though it feels like this period is lasting forever, it WILL be over someday. You'll finish school and be able to go after the job you really want. Hang in there. And Jennie's right. There's no substitute for sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get up around 5:30 too. I try and go to bed early, but I end up tossing and turning. Then I wake up soooo sleepy. Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dev - sucks no? and I'm like you like the sidebar :D it's always difficult, cos you read so much and so it changes so rapidly... ^^;

    Jennie - I know! but it's hard :( and yeah, I do get up at 5:30... incredibly hard, although I'm getting good nowadays. In the past two weeks, I've only been late once. and yeah, it's great to come home so early... not only i miss the traffic, but I still have a lot of time to do something.

    DC - Hello miss Tired LOL :) jeez, I don't know how you do it with 3 ^^; My greatest fear though is driving in the morning :(

    Rosie - Sigh, not a fun schedule. I'm hanging in there... can't wait to find something more stable. :(

    Isabel - I know, sucks so much. the greatest advantage I have is if I close my eyes, there's little change I'll open them again LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I can relate on the burnout. I've been gone from work for 4 days, and yet this morning, I didn't want to get up. LOL

    I really missed my friends too, when I started working. Thank god for facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ames - you know, it's different. you were away from work for 4 days, but you still work... it wasn't a complete get-away... although you were away from work for months... so really LOL :)

    as for friends, facebook is not the same. you can only talk, not do anything.

    ReplyDelete