Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day 1 of vacation!

hey everyone :D

man, even if it's been a few days, I miss blogging. My problem is that I haven't been reading much lately :( For some reason, I'm not interested by any books in my TBR pile. In addition, it seems I'm on a paranormal overdose :( Anyone has a suggestion? Holly has recommended Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella. So I'll be looking out for it. I really want to go to the bookstore, but tomorrow is the McGill bookfair... I'm thinking I should stop myself, cos I mean, perhaps I'll find the same books at the bookfair for much cheaper... of course, I could always return the ones bought at the bookstore. Ah well, we'll see.

So what did I do on my first day of vacation? LOL :) Nothing really interesting. I cleaned my room and now I'm actually able to walk in it! Next step is going to be the closet... maybe :P and going through my books, but then, again, I'll be doing that after the bookfair... Do you think I have too much hopes for the bookfair? I have the feeling I'll end up being disappointed. Sigh.

Then, I brought my car to the garage for a check-up, oil change and a lavage. I went for professional lavage, because they have the really powerful vacuum cleaner + it smells so good afterwards... and it was really worth it! Also, the whole thing was cheaper than I expected. So I was quite happy.

I also went out with a friend... She actually picked me up at the garage and drove me back to pick up my car later in the afternoon... it work out really well because I don't like waiting for my car, but at the same time, I don't like having them driving me home... So we went for sushi :) I love Japanese lunch menu because their specials are really worth it! You get the miso soup, the salad, your lunch and ice cream for 10$ How cheap is that?!? Also, the food was excellent :D

All in all, a very nice first day of vacation. In addition, the weather was sooo nice! Sunny and about 22°C. It was hard to believe we are in October. Oh and I got Road to Hell by Jackie Kessler, the 2nd installment after Hell's Belle.