Thursday, October 25, 2007

My new books!!!

So, I was chatting with Ames and Holly and when I told them I bought books, their first question was: What did you buy?

LOL, I wasn't about to type up all the new books twice!! And then, I was so tired from transporting that box of books to the car, my arms, shoulders and back were hurting ^^;

Anyway, so here are my new books :D

From the bookstore

- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - I'm not a big fan of Young Adult novels, but I've been wanting this book ever since I've read DC's review. Ever since she reviewed it, I wanted to read it. It is a very good novel by the way.
- Immortals: The Gathering by Jennifer Ashley
- What a Lady Wants by Victoria Alexander
- Secrets of a Proper Lady by Victoria Alexander
- I think I Love You by Stephanie Bond
- No Holding Back by Liz Allison & Wendy Etherington
- Wicked Deeds on A Winter's Night by Kresley Cole

*Have you guys been wondering through a bookstore lately? Seriously, how difficult is it to find some new contemporary romance? I'm talking about straight contemporaries, not paranormal or romantic suspenses. Just straight contemporaries. There really aren't a lot out there.

From the McGill Bookfair

- Blue Willow by Deborah Smith (for Holly :)
- Rules of Engagement by Kathryn Caskie
- Prospect Street by Emilie Richards
- A Summer Affair by Susan Wiggs
- The Goodbye Summer by Patricia Gaffney
- Young Wives by Olivia Goldsmith
- Pearl Moon by Katherine Stone (a personal favorite of mine, for a friend)
- Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella (I got 2 copies, tradepaper back and HC... it was so cheap, I didn'T know which one I should buy... so I got both :P)
- The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
- Every Boy's Got One by Meg Cabot
- Boy Meet Girls by Meg Cabot
- The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot (those are because of Rowena, she's such a fan, I had to know why)
- Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern
- Brighid's Quest by P.C. Cast
- Elphame's Choice by P.C. Cast
- Our Husband by Stephanie Bond
- The Butler did it by Kasey Michaels
- Homeport by Nora Roberts (my first NR and one of my favorite, for a friend)
- Seal Island by Kate Brallier
- The MacGregor Grooms by Nora Roberts
- Eden Burning by Elizabeth Lowell
- This Time Love by Elizabeth Lowell
- Nip, Tuck, Dead by Lori Avocato (wait a minute, do I have that book already? hmmm)
- The Parting Glass by Emilie Richards
- Tall, Dark & Hungry by Linsay Sands
- A January Chill by Rachel Lee
- Where Truth Lies by Christiane Heggan
- Hearts Divided - it's an anthology and I bought it for Katherine Stone :D
- O'Rourke's Bride by Barbara Dan
- The Waitress by Melissa Nathan
- Desperate Duchess by Eloisa James
- The Scoundrel by Lisa Plumley

*So what do you think of my finds? Authors that I saw the most at the bookfair were Stephanie Laurens and Mary Balogh... for my greatest surprise.

From the UBS

- A little bit Wicked by Victoria Alexander
- Lady in Question by Victoria Alexander
- The Pursuit of Marriage by Victoria Alexander
- Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare
- Sweet Release by Pamela Clare
- Lady Midnight by Amanda McCabe
- Merely the Groom by Rebecca Hagan Lee (I wanted the Gossamer, but couldn't find it)
- California Holiday by Kate Cann
- Grecian Holiday by Kate Cann
- Blooming All Over by Judith Arnold
- Love in Bloom's by Judith Arnold
- Name Dropping by Jane Heller
- Off Limits by Michelle Albert
- A Gentleman by Any Other Name by Kasey Michaels
- The Dangerous Debutante by Kasey Michaels
- Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughan (I have this book, but I've been wanting a new copy for keepsafe and this one is in pristine condition!)


So, what do you think? Sorry, they're not in order :P Let me know if you've read any of this and if yes, what you've thought of it?

Have to run now :D Have a nice day all!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, someone is really feeling Victoria Alexander!! LOL Have you read anything by her? I read A Little Bit Wicked and liked it enough.

    Huge haul, good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got some great books there! I haven't read any of them, of course, but have a lot of them in my current tbr pile. I hope you enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Crap you got a lot of books! LOL

    Thanks so much for getting me Blue Willow. You're so sweet.

    Have you read Happy Endings by Katherine Stone? That's my favorite by her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is quite a load! I wish I could find some good used book sales around here.

    So, you've already read Thirteen Reasons Why? You enjoyed it? I'm glad if you did. I'm always happy to inspire people to pick up more YA books. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoooo weeee! WHAT a HAUL! Awww I'm so happy for you! And jealous of course, but I'll get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really cleaned up there, didn't you? ;)

    I've read those Meg Cabots, and they are really fun reads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's quite a list! I've been dying to read Thirteen Reasons Why, it's still on order at our library. They haven't gotten them in yet! Grrrr!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo, I just checked my library account and they have Thirteen Reasons Why! YESSSS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers, what a great lot of books. I had read a few of those.

    Happy Reading, Nath!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ames - Yeah, I wanted to read some Victoria Alexander... just wanted to see if she was good :D I'm glad you liked A Little Bit Wicked, cos I saw a rating and it was only 1/5... I still got it though...

    Dev - Seriously, I got a lot of books, but nothing compared to your haul :P that was something :D

    Holly - You're welcome Holly :D I hope you really enjoy Blue Willow as much as I did :) and yep, I've read Happy Endings by Katherine Stone :P the only ones I haven't read are really the old ones...

    DC - Yep, I really enjoyed Thirteen Reasons Why. It was really touching... just so sad though.

    Zeek - Oh, don't be jealous, sweetie :D I'm going to re-shelve my books soon :) I'll post a list of books, so if you want them, it'll be free! even better, right?

    Jennie - Not even! There were still tons of books :D and I'm happy to know you enjoyed the Meg Cabot's.

    Mollie- Yay Mollie! It's a fast read and I'm sure you'll enjoy it :D

    Chantal - Thanks Chantal :D Happy reading to you too for the Virgin River trilogy :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait, is that a new Kresley Cole!? Is that out already? I got to get to the bookstore!!

    And the Pamela Clare books, I definitely need to hunt those down.

    Then I remember the size of my TBR pile. Ouch.

    Glad you had such a great time buying up books. I love finding books to buy but then, you would know ;)

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy - Yep, that was the new Kresley Cole... it showed up really early at the bookstore, I was surprised :D the best thing, it was only 8$!!!

    ReplyDelete