Thursday, October 02, 2008

October 2008 Releases

Okay, question... where is everyone? LOL :) It's sooo quiet lately!!! LOL, maybe I'm a succubus and have sucked everyone's blogging energy? Or perhaps miss Blog Muse has decided to focus on me and neglected you? Just let me know and I'll send her back to you guys!!

So as I said yesterday, I think I'm going to start a monthly post on the new releases that I'm looking forward to!! Might help me remembering what I actually want to order when it comes time to buy books!! (A trick to my fellow Canadian bloggers... My theory when you do an online order and you want to have the books in advance? Order about 3 weeks before the release date... So far, that has worked very well for me. It doesn't work 100%, but I'd say ~80% of the time)



Addicted to Love by Lori Wilde: I'm not technically a fan of Ms Wilde, but I like contemporary romance, what can I say? I also like small town romance and also, the "I had a crush on you when I was a teenager" romance :) So I'd say this book is going to be perfect to me. Plus, Holly has reviewed it and seemed to really enjoy it! Now, if it could simply show up at my bookstore... (I really grrrr Grand Central Publishing, Sourcebooks and Dorchester - the books are always late - or sometimes, they just don't show up!!)







Just the Sexiest Man Alive
by Julie James: New author to me, but it's a contemporary romance. Need I say more? LOL :) So the plot isn't new, but if Ms James is able to pull it out, it could be veryyy good. Also, did you see the number of contemporary romance out there? Not much, so I need my fix.







Night Falls Darkly by Kim Lenox: This was brought up to my attention by Kmont. It's another paranormal and the storyline doesn't sound very original per se, but hey, Kmont liked it :) So I'm ready to give this new series a try :)









Power Play by Deidre Martin: Now, Ms Martin is kind of miss and hit for me. However, what is more rare than contemporary romance? Professional athlete's contemporary romance. I'm not a fan of hockey, but I'm just in the mood this kind of story...








Tall Dark Texan
by Jodi Thomas: I've become a fan of Ms Thomas this year :) I've read all of her contemporary romances and am now tackling her westerns. So I'll be getting this one :P






Marry Christmas by Jane Goodger: So I've read one book by Jane Goodger and just loved it!! LOVED IT!! And this is her comeback book and well, it's about Christmas :) Oh, byt the way, did I mention arranged marriage? I'm soooo in!! I do think that October is a bit early though to be selling Christmas story already.







Living with the Dead by Kelley Armstrong: Kelley Armstrong? Do I need to say more? No, seriously... okay, Kelley Armstrong is an auto-buy for me. Especially if it's part of her Women of the Otherworld series! :) I'm looking forward to this one... new characters + some of Hope and Karl. I'm just sad that next year, there'll only be one Women of the Otherworld book :(





The Magical Christmas Cat
- anthology: I'm buying this one for Nalini Singh's story :) Actually, I'm waiting it to arrive, since I have pre-ordered... However, Holly did review it and it seems that all the stories in it are good :) So that one might be a pretty good investment :)





Special mention:

Lucky Charm by Carla Phillips: Another contemporary romance... but I'm not sure if I really want it or not. Ms Phillips is hit and miss for me, with more misses... but I'll probably end up buying it.

Cast in Fury by Michelle Sagara: Not sure about this one either. Perhaps, I should read the first three books before right?

The Chosen Sin by Anya Bast: Ms Bast new series... Paranormal with vampires... I think i'm going to wait to see blogland's reaction before buying it :P

12 comments:

  1. I'm interested in reading Night Falls Darkly and Chosen Sin. I want the anthology for Singh, too, but if the other stories are good then I'll give them a go as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list of books coming out this month!

    I did buy Marry Christmas the other day. Thought of you as I bought it. Wonder why that is??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tempted to buy The Magical Christmas Cat anthology for Nalini Singh's story, too--I really enjoyed the short story she did for the last anthology--but I never got around to reading the rest of the authors. So I'm kind of hesitant to buy another anthology where I'm probably going to read only one story out of it.

    I need to get back into Armstrong's books. I loved Bitten and Stolen but couldn't finish Dime Store Magic. After that I kind of fell off the wagon with her books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been quiet. Is it the Kerfluffle?

    I totally agree - Kelley Armstrong rocks! But you know what else sounds good? Just the Sexiest Man Alive. That's a great title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the Chosen Sin by Bast and liked it. My September list will be up tomorrow. I would have posted it today, but I had the Access Romance dealio.

    I'm finally catching up a bit. I'm down to 50 posts to read. I think I'll stop for tonight and go read. Everyone has me salivating over the new releases!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know if I'll check any of those out right now. I went kind crazy buying books last month. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be getting The Magical Christmas Cat when it hits the shelves here. :-) Holly's review makes it irresistible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brie - I just checked and seems like Night Falls Darkly has just shown up at the bookstore :) I guess I know what I'm going to do this evening LOL :)

    I rarely buy the anthology and I don't think so far I've finished one completely. How sad... which makes you really good Brie!! :) LOL, I guess you'll have to let me know if the other stories are any good... although with Holly review, I'm tempted...

    Dev - Nod nod :) I'm glad, cos I was really bored during September.

    So you pre-ordered already? I think I'm going to wait till it comes out in store. By the way, will you want to buddy review Marry Christmas with me?

    DC - Where have you been!?!?! I think you should comment a bit more often and let us know how you're doing :)

    Yes, I understand your hesitation about anthology. However, it has a Nalini Singh story LOL :)

    I say skip Dime Store... how far along were you in that book? Anyway, Industrial Magic, that one is one of my favorite in the series. You should read it :) It's really good and funny :)

    Carolyn Jean - I don't know if it was the kerfluffle, but yeah, it's been extremely quiet :(

    Can't wait for the Kelley Armstrong ;) and I hope to get my hand on Just the Sexiest Man Alive today!! Although I know it's probably going to be hard :(

    Rosie - I saw your list :) Not bad :) I say anything over 3 or 5 is good LOL :) Glad you enjoyed Chosen Sin... did you review it?

    50 posts!! Go Rosie! Go Rosie! Go Rosie!

    Isabel - What did you buy? What did you buy? I know you got the new Quinn and Kleypas... what else?

    Jace - I know! LOL :) I hope we enjoy it as much as she did :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nath ~ It depends on when I get it read. I'll be moving within the next month and then with schoolwork, I'm not sure how much time I'll have. I promise one of these times I actually will do a buddy review with you ~ my problem is actually getting around to reading the books I'm buying. I suck at time management.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dev - I totally understand :) Just let me know whenever you read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't realize some of those you mentioned are contemps. I'm def. adding them to my list.

    I've been being lazy and twittering, which is why I haven't been blogging. LOL I'll try to get better, promise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holly - LOL, yep, lots of them are contemporaries :P Can't help it, that's what I like :)

    You're excused/dispensed from blogging LOL :) since you twitter and you're on vacation :) no, I've just been wondering ;)

    ReplyDelete