Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Review: Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts

Yes, finally, a review!! :)

But it's not here, it's over at Breezing Through :) Monroe, Ames, Chantal and I all get together to review Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts! You can click here for the review :)

Hope you all enjoy it!


Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts
published by Berkley in October 2009

As little girls MacKensie, Emma, Laurel, and Parker spent hours acting out their perfect make believe "I do" moments. Years later their fantasies become reality when they start their own wedding planning company to make every woman's dream day come true. With perfect flowers, delicious desserts, and joyful moments captured on film, Nora Roberts's Bride Quartet shares each woman's emotionally magical journey to romance.

In Bed of Roses, florist Emma Grant is finding career success with her friends at Vows wedding planning company, and her love life appears to be thriving. Though men swarm around her, she still hasn't found Mr. Right. And the last place she's looking is right under her nose.

But that's just where Jack Cooke is. He's so close to the women of Vows that he's practically family, but the architect has begun to admit to himself that his feelings for Emma have developed into much more than friendship. When Emma returns his passion-kiss for blistering kiss-they must trust in their history...and in their hearts.

8 comments:

  1. I must say I find the covers to this series very beautiful and difficult to resist. I think I'll be looking for these at my library at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine - I know! It also fits the series so well, definitively make the books special :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say about Nora Roberts and her novels that haven't already been said? She something else, she as a new book every few months. She is to be admired.
    You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is weird! I left you a post at BT about the book, nath, but came here to leave a comment about the cover! Christine beat me to it, lol!

    I bought VIW as an ebook so I didn't get the whole cover effect. But I saw this one on the bookstore & could NOT resist buying the print book. The print books/covers are just gorgeous! I couldn't stop petting the book, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delphin - You are right. She is very impressive and totally deserves the title of La Nora :D

    Hilcia - LOL, I do agree, the cover is very pretty. I'm happy they made these books special and stand out :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally headed over to read your review- I didn't like this one quite as much as Visions in White, but am still dying to read the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa - Why didn't you like it as much? Was it the conflict between Jack and Emma?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I thought that the blow up with Emma was completely out of the blue and over the top and then it just ended too quick after that.

    ReplyDelete