Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Withdrawal symptoms

All right, so which girl was I?

Tada:


Yep, the shortie with the huge smile :D My dad always asks why I smile so hugely... well I don't have a choice, that's how I smile LOL :) Also, my mouth corners naturally go down, instead of up. So I really have to show my teeth in order for it to look like a smile :D Man, wouldn't the picture be much better if I was holding my diploma instead? LOL

All right, so I went book shopping on last Sunday. It was a special promotion at Chapters/Indigo and instead of saving 10% on books, I saved 20% Since I knew about this special day for quite some time, I purposely didn't buy books for about two weeks LOL :) Well with the exception of some manga and 2 books. So Sunday morning, i woke up quite early and left the house at 10 am. 20 minutes later I was at the bookstore... and I went totally crazy. I think that not buying books for 2 weeks wasn't a good idea LOL.

So here are the books I bought... are you ready?

Manga:
- Nodame Cantabile by Tomoko Ninomiya (volumes 1-3,5-7)
- Full Metal Alchemist (volume 9)
- Ultra Maniac (volume 2)

Romance books:

- Gideon by Jacquelyn Franks
- Key to Conflict by Talia Gryphon
- Minx by Julia Quinn
- An offer from a Gentleman by Julia Quinn
- To Catch an Heiress by Julia Quinn
- It's in His Kiss by Julia Quinn
- Splendid by Julia Quinn
- Dancing at Midnight by Julia Quinn
- Everything and the Moon by Julia Quinn
- Switched, Bothered and Bewildered by Suzanne Macpherson
- Ghosts in the Snow by Tamara Siler Jones
- Threads of Malice by Tamara Siler Jones
- Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian
- Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian
- It must be Love by Rachel Gibson
- Watchers in the Night by Jenna Black
- The Scandalous Marriage by Leslie Lafoy
- The Rogue's Bride by Leslie Lafoy
- Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong (mine is falling apart and it's a signed copy!)
- Lover's Knot by Emilie Richards
- Tough Enough by Michele Albert
- Hide in Plain Sight by Michele Albert
- The Marriage Spell by Mary Jo Putney

and finally, a phone notebook :D

So what do you think? I guess I did indeed go a bit crazy ^^; ah well, at least, I'll have stuff to read for awhile :D Did anyone of you read something on that list? Good, bad? The cashier girl was: I've never seen such a long receipt!! ^^; I know, me neither LOL :D

16 comments:

  1. I'm so great for guessing right and I've never even seen a pic before. :P

    No control! You should be ashamed of yourself. Haha. I don't blame you. I'm a bad influence, telling you not to go to the bookstore. hehe

    Blame me, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly crap that's a lot of books! And can I say manga jealousy over here!!!!

    You look so cute! Oh and I smile the same as you. You can practically see all my teeth. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ames - congrats yeah for guessing right :D but then, you had 50% chances of being right LOL :D

    I know! I just went crazy at the bookstore. But I don't know... I was feeling pretty calm at the cash when I paid :P I definitively blew my budget though LOL!

    and yeah, I blame it on withdrawal symptoms and you LOL :D

    Mailyn - I know!! I was lucky my mom wasn't home when I got back LOL ^^;

    By the way, Mailyn, you should try Nodame Cantabile - the manga, anime and live action :D I'm so obsessed LOL :D (oh, there are scanslations for the manga by the way).

    and thanks :) People says I'm advertising for dentifrice ^^; but then, if you're going to smile, might as well go for it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of books. I read To Catch a Heiress. But it was a while ago. I think I liked it. lol.

    I like your smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Hannah did you get a lot of books!
    And I had that card too and missed the day! I'll blame my sisters since they just don't have the passion for book stores that I do.
    And you do have a smile that really lights up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww you're such a cutie patootie Nath!

    Oh Mylanta chick that's a load of books you got there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a gorgeous smile!! Funny, my mouth corners turn down also and you can see it when I smile - course now the chub in my cheeks hide that ;)

    I think you win most books bought at one time!! But hey, you just finished your Masters so you better believe it's a day for celebration!

    Thanks for sending me the 20% off e-mail for Chapters for this weekend - I'm wondering how many stores I can hit in one day cause I know I'll need to go to more than one!

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isabel - I know, that is a lot of books :P I just couldn't help it :D

    Kristie - It's okay Kristie, you have a second chance for this week-end with the coupon I emailed you :D Make it upt :D at least, my comforting thought is that my TBR pile was small :D

    Rowena - thanks :D you're pretty too :)

    Cindy - well it's just that if you don't smile broadly, you look sad cos the mouth corners still turn down ^^; sad no?

    and I'd like to thanks everyone for their support... it's because of them that I won the most books bought at one time award. Especially my sister, who didn't come with me and so couldn't stop me LOL :D ^^; but yeah, at least, I have reasons to celebrate with books :D

    and welcome for the coupon :D now you can drag Bob this week-end :) I thought I'd be doing a lot of bookstore, but surprisingly, all the books I really wanted were at one bookstore :D (I did got to the others just in case :P)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guessed right too!

    And yeahhh for you on the book haul! :D

    I always nose around the manga's but I have no idea where to start! So I never buy- suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  10. yer so cute! can I pinch your cheeks? huh- well can I? no?

    ::pouty face::

    ... all right, I'll leave you alone ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zeek - thanks :D as I said in your blog, if I can pinch your cheeks, then you can too :D

    the worst about the books is that there is another promotion this week-end. again, 20% off!!! Well at least, I have Passion on my list to buy LOL :D

    manga, manga... well it depends on what you want to read :P Romance, I guess. One of my favorite is Mars. I think Keishon from Avid Reader has a review on that one. Another one that is pretty good is Kare Kano and Fruits Basket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to download Cantanbile. But I have to wait to free up some space. I have QUITE a few dramas that need to go on dvd's because I have no space.

    I've just been very lazy about copying all this stuff to my dvds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, a lot of books. Looks like you've got some good ones there

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mailyn - I know! I have the same problem, i.e. not much place on my harddrive... too lazy ^^; I have only about 6 Gigs left... and I can't fill it to max, if not I won't be able to burn anything :( But yeah, Nodame Cantabile was really good :D

    Devon - yeah, it's a lot of books :D and of course, I had to buy more last week-end LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I am back online!?! hopefully.
    Great pic, you are so cute ;)
    That is a lot of books, chicka, I am so jealous. I have not read too many of those because I have not read much Julia Quinn, but I have read Kiss of Midnight (good), It must be love (very good), Watchers in the Night (cannot get into), The Marriage Spell (love it, and the others that go with it). Gideon I do not have yet, but cannot wait to read it.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kris!! I hope you're back online :D We've missed you a lot! and cool, I think you're the only one who has read so many books that I've bought :D very encouraging!! :D

    ReplyDelete