Monday, August 04, 2008

Monthly Reads July 2008

Finally, here is my list of reads for July :) My reading was quite sporadic... I'd read a lot one week and not at all the other... Or I'd read a lot on the week-end, but not on the week...

Also, I did a bad job of keeping my book journal up-to-date. So I might have read more books than actually listed... By the way, how are you all keeping track?

So here we go:

1) When the Demons Walk by Patricia Briggs: B
2) Tribute by Nora Roberts: B
3) At the Bride Hunt Ball by Olivia Parker: B
4) Twisted Creek by Jodi Thomas: A
5) She's no Princess by Laura Lee Guhrke: B+
6) Upon the Midnight Clear by Sherrilyn Kenyon: D
7) Dream Chaser by Sherrilyn Kenyon: C
8) Three Nights by Debra Mullins: B
9) Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare: DNF
10) Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs: B+
11) Down by the River by Robyn Carr: A-
12) Sweet Spot by Susan Mallery: C+
13) Cutting Loose by Susan Andersen: B-
14) Just One of the Guys by Kristen Higgins: B+
15) Heated Rush by Leslie Kelly: B+

*EDIT:

16) Dancing with Fire by Susan Kearney: C-

Knew I forgot at least one...

*

I think I'm missing one book... I must have read something last week, but for now, I can't remember. It's just been a quite hectic week, so it's hard to say. Overall, a pretty good month both reading-wise and reviewing-wise :) I still got a couple of reviews to come, so stay tuned! :)

15 comments:

  1. Ugh, you read so much this past month. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had read half that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome reading month for you Nath! I only managed to read uhhhh... 2 books. LOL I was a huge slacker.

    I keep track of books I read through a reading journal where I write down the books I read and a sentence or two about what I thought about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've read any of those - yet. I did pick up Twisted Creek by Jodi Thomas and Tribute by Nora Roberts (both signed and *gulp* both free) in SF. I'm looking forward to reading them both partly on your rec. It won't be for a little while though as I had to ship them both home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list Nathie. I'm still basking in the glory of the moment knowing I got my done first for once. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You read a great amount :)
    I have not read any of those. I'm rather behind of many of the books I'm supposed to read though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nath, I use google documents to list the books I read and their rating. I used to use an Excel spreadsheet but recently I lost my most updated document (damn computer). Fortunately I had a back up and I just had to update a little that I hadn't backed up. That was when I decided to put the document online. It's free and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you beat me - I only read 11!

    I use Google Docs to track my reading too, I've a link to the spreadsheet on my blog but not on the main page - it's sort of hidden!

    I should probably do a monthly summary post too. At some point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't really been keeping track of my reads, which is pretty bad, I know. I'm almost afraid to find out how many I read in July. I'm pretty sure the number isn't good. *sigh*

    Great list, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ames - I had a slow start, but I really picked it up in the past two weeks.

    Kris - Thanks :D I'm sure your list is impressive as well!!

    Brie - Well you've been in a slump. I hope you're going to get out of it soon.

    Samantha - Yes, pretty good month. I wonder what it says about my life, LOL :)

    Yeah, I have a reading book journal as well, but sometimes, I don't fill it out right away and I end up forgetting which books I've read ^_^; Sad.

    By the way, how is your letter of statement going?

    Kristie - Lucky you!!! I'm sure you're going to enjoy Twisted Creek :) How many books did you get while in SF?

    Rosie - LOL, it won't happen again!!

    Chantal - What books are you going to read? Seriously though, not many books i was looking forward this summer and they just ended up being released at the same time.

    Jill - Hmmm, interesting :D I'm going to have to look into it :) Thanks!!

    Li - 11 is very good!! and I want a summary post of your reads!!! Please, pretty please!!

    Holly - I think that as long as you've read more than 1 books, then it's good LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's like a book every other day!!! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carolyn - Technically, yes LOL, but not in reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. *shudders and hisses at the statment of intent letter thing* I've only managed to work on it a little lately. Been trying to sort things out for the move (moving into an apartment in about a week). So I'm procrastinating by telling myself that I'll dive into it after the move.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Samantha - Give it time. I wrote mine at the last minute too... I think that nowadays, people just work better under pressure :D

    Good luck on the move!

    ReplyDelete