Monday, August 04, 2008

Quebec City trip

Hi everyone!!

I'm back!! LOL, actually, I came back yesterday, but was so tired... Anyway, today is my first day of vacation!! woohoo!!! LOL :) It's been a while since I had one of these :) No plans really...

So I thought I'd post some pictures... We only went from Saturday morning to Sunday evening, but we still managed to bring a lot of things. It was funny, because you'd think that we'd be gone for a long thing, looking at how we were packing. The neighbors were sitting on their porch, both when we left and came back LOL :)

I drove to Quebec City which is a 2.5 hours drive. I tried driving back when we returned, but could only managed half of it. I was too sleepy. Seems like I can handle morning drive very easily, but I always have difficulty in the afternoon.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the trip. We did a lot of walking around. Quebec City is celebrating their 400 years anniversary, so there were lots of people everywhere. I had a cramp on Friday night while sleeping and so, now, my calves are really stiff :( But it was well worth it to see my uncle and his family.





So Saturday, after eating lunch, we walked around Old Quebec. The weather was really nice, so it was great :) My cousin, whom I haven't seen for 2 years, went on a camping trip. So she only joined us for supper with her boyfriend. It's kind of strange, because she's always been my little cousin... and for her to offer me beer and introduce her boyfriend, just strange.

We went to a steakhouse. Took us a while to find a place to eat. My uncle doesn't go out often, he's more of a homebody. All in all, the food was pretty good, but the service a bit slow... and forgetful ^_^; Actually, they completely forgot my order... Luckily, I only ordered a chicken Ceasar salad, otherwise, I'd probably have waited a long time.





Next morning, we went on a loooong walk LOL. My cousin had to go to work, so we didn't get to hang out. I like the third picture where my sis and dad are posing, LOL :) I tried to imitate them in the last pic :)

Overall, a nice week-end. Wonder when is the next time I'll see them...

As for my first day of vacation, a bit boring. Brought my car to the dealership because there was an oil leak. Turns out they are missing a piece so they'll keep the car overnight. My mom was gone grocery shopping, so me and my sister were pretty much stranded home. Then, we lost power for about 2 hours... So I napped... and I woke up all groggy and uncomfy. I'm trying to slowly clean up my room... it's not that bad, but yeah, I have a bit of work to do LOL :)

Good news is that I read and finished Sea Witch by Virginia Kantra :)