Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm exhausted...

Hey everyone :)

this will be brief, because I'm really tired and my body aches from everywhere. We got snow yesterday, the whole day. Total amount: 30cm. Not too bad, except that it's really windy and the snow is the light kind so, visibility is greatly reduced. Also, the roads are kind of frozen, so very slippery.

For the past two days, to avoid the traffic on the bridge, I've been going to work really early, like one hour earlier. Yesterday, my dad slid off the road while coming home. He called home and my mom, my sis and I were all ready to go and pick him up. We were out of the driveway when he called again: his car got towed back on the road, both him and the car was okay and he was coming, no need to pick him up. So we drove around and came back home ^^; Since I'm already talking about car and traveling, man, I was stuck for more than an hour. The worst is that it wasn't even on my way back home, crossing the bridge as I expected. Instead, I got stuck after picking up my sister. See, when I got on the bridge, I saw the sign that said the road was closed at THAT exit - but I thought it was the EXIT that was closed, not the highway, starting from that exit. Anyway, sat there long.

So what else, oh yeah, my day at work sucked. So much drama among my colleagues, it's so tiring. In addition, I was already doing something when my supervisor barged in and asked me to do something else... so I've been doing a bit of running.

Hmmm, so I think this covers up most of thing. Except tomorrow, I have to drive my sister to school, cos my dad's having eye surgery - cataract. So that means I'm going to go in late... doesn't matter, I'm really not planning to stay long. Exhausted, really.

Book related - well, since I've had to go to work early, I had to go to bed early, so not much reading done. I've decided to re-read Poison Study, or at least my favorite parts. Not having time to read, doesn't mean I couldn't buy books. I've been itching to go to the bookstore since Monday... actually, last Friday. So I went today, since I had to wait for my sis anyway. I was looking for Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs, it caught my attention after reading Kailana's review over at Twisted Kingdom. However, I couldn't find it and there was 12 copies. I asked someone, that someone couldn't find it either: probably still in box. So I got a coupon: 15% off!!! Combined with my I-rewards card, that meant 25% off!!!! Ha, did I enjoy... I bought a couple of books, but my mind is a bit blank right now... all I can remember is Hell's Belle by Jackie Kessler - I was planning to order it only, cos it's 24% off... but now, it's in my hands!!!

Also, I've been re-arranging my shelves, so all my books fit in. (You know, everything have to be clean before midnight, Saturday). That means I have a pile of books to give away :) I'll post the titles during the week-end in case anyone wants them :)

Okay, that's it for me tonight... Going to bed :) Have nice dreams everyone :)