Wednesday, December 10, 2008

If anyone doubted it was winter in Montreal...

Well now you can't.

Oh gosh, what an horrible week so far weather-wise... and it's just Wednesday! So winter is really here now :( Basically, we got really cold temperature on Monday. -20C... first time it was this cold this winter... and for some reasons, it was shocking cold. I don't know why, but it really hasn't sunk in that we're in December.

Then, yesterday, we got 15cm of snow (we were expecting 5)... and afterwards, freezing rain. Ugh. Funniest thing is that the city of Montreal said that they were ready for the snow... They weren't exactly. It was so jammed yesterday!! For once, I'm glad that my sister had an exam till 9pm yesterday. It took my dad 4 hours to get home ^_^; and when I went home, at 9.30pm, the traffic has just started to get better. Took me 1.5 hours to get back on the South Shore. My friend who usually takes the bus gave me a call and asked if I could give her a ride. There was no way she would have gotten on a bus in, hmmm, the next 2 hours. So we went shopping. Didn't find any Christmas gift for anyone :(

Bad news is not over... Right now, we don't have power at home. I hate it when there's a power outage... and it's been a few hours already since it happened in the middle of the night. I'm a bit paranoid about power outage, because 10 years ago, Montreal had the ice storm... Basically, we got freezing rain for 3 consecutive days or something like that... and everything was ice... and with its weight, the ice took down a lot of cables and stuff like that. So we lost power for a week... in which case, we had to evacuate... Hopefully, it's not as serious this time and we'll get power back soon.

It's still snowing/raining lightly today. It should be over before the afternoon. We are expecting some more snow and rain this week-end.

Sometimes, I really hate living in a country that has a winter...

Oh by the way... my boots aren't as waterproof as I thought ^_^;