Tuesday, December 30, 2008

McAffee Security Center?


All right, so with all the computer problems I have had recently... I need to choose a new anti-virus. I've got an e-mail from McAffee (it's what was installed on my computer initially), offering me 50% on a renewal... which comes to a really great price...

However, I'm wondering if it's the best. Anyone has suggestions or advices?

I used to use AVG... but I ran into trouble. My friend suggested Avast, a free anti-virus... That's what my dad had on his computer... and it went loco as well... So yeah, I don't know anymore. Problem with McAffee is that the reviews out there are atrocious... so it's hard to know what to believe.

What are you using?


EDIT: (Dec.31)

Thanks to everyone who commented and shared their experience with me. I decided to cave this morning at 2h30 AM and bought 2 years protection with McAfee. I have to say, part of it was the price. 70$ for 2 years, even if it's in US$, it's quite a bargain.

Also, I've been using McAfee for the past few days and my computer seems to be functioning correctly. However, like Li, I'll be knocking on wood :)