Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Birthday Book Haul!

Made it!! Phew! LOL.

I wasn't sure what to blog about today. After seeing Ames and Leslie's posts, I thought to write about the upcoming new releases I was looking forward to, but those usually end up being long post... and time is short! LOL. In the end, I'll just share my new precious :) It's cool to have a birthday on a Tuesday, because it means new books!!

So here is what I got :)



The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan - This book kicks off Mr Riordan's new spin-off series. In the last book of The Heroes of Olympus series, The Blood of Olympus, Apollo angered Zeus. As a punishment, Zeus took away Apollo's immortality and made him human. I really enjoy the world Mr Riordan has created and I'm happy there's more books in it :) I've actually pre-ordered The Hidden Oracle back in January LOL. It's apparently one of the most anticipated books in 2016 and as a result, I save 40%. Win-win!

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson - I first discovered Ms Matson with her debut novel, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, thanks to Ames. Ever since then, Ms Matson's been on my auto-buy authors list... and with a release schedule of 1 novel every 2 years, let just say I really look forward to her books! As usual, The Unexpected Everything has a cute cover and intriguing blurb :) Looking forward to reading it!

The Earl Takes All by Lorraine Heath - I pre-ordered from Book Depository and so, even though it came out last week, I had to wait for my copy which arrived today. Perfect timing if you ask me! I love Ms Heath's writing... but I have to admit I have some apprehension for this one because of the plot. Nevertheless, I'll probably be picking it up soon since the reviews have been so good :)

Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein - For some unknown reasons, I've really been in the mood for YA lately. The only issue with YA books is that they are expensive whether it's the print or e-book version. I had a list of three, four books that came out today and decided to spoil myself by buying one. Shuffle, Repeat had the most promise :) Let's hope I made the right decision!

Voila! Hopefully, they'll keep me busy for the next few days ;)

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Nath!!! (I made it before midnight). I hope you had a fantastic day.

    Great looking book haul. From that group, I have the Lorraine Heath on my wish list. I'm afraid I'm so behind on the Rick Riordan books that I don't even know where to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Nath! I'm glad to see you got some books!!

    I wonder if my brother knows there's a new Riordan out. He likes those books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Birthday haul! I'm slowing getting back into historicals so I'm curious to see what you think of the Heath.

    Hope your birthday was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I'm going to have to check out Morgan Matson now. SHUFFLE, REPEAT looks interesting - cool title ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy birthday Nath! It looks like you had a good day - I mean, a day you buy books...how can that be a bad day? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Nath!! I hope your birthday was awesome and filled with cake and lots of curling cuties (even if they were on TV ;P) Big hugs from California!

    Great book haul too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEK!!!! I NEED TO BUY TRIAL OF APOLLO! I'm a little excited.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilcia - Thanks Hils! I didn't realize you read Ms Heath as well... Where have I been?!

    The thing about The Hidden Oracle is that you pretty much have to have read the last book in The Heroes of Olympus - The Blood of Olympus - to know what's going on. And it doesn't really make sense to read the last book a series right? You could always try Rick Riordan's other series, Magnus Chase. It was a good read. Emilie finished it! LOL

    Ames - Thanks Ames :) You could always surprise him!

    Leslie - It was a great birthday week actually, Les, LOL.

    I've cut down to the bare minimum for historical authors. Sticking with my auto-buys pretty much. And that's enough for me for a year :)

    Li - Thanks Li :)

    Hope you enjoy The Unexpected Everything. I did ;) As for Shuffle, Repeat, I'm reading that one now. Will let you know :)

    Wendy - Thanks Wendy! LOL, it was good indeed. Especially buying print books at the store!

    Wena - Thanks Wena!! LOL, unfortunately, curling season is over. But that's okay ;)

    Kailana - Thank you! I will :)

    Isabel - Available in all bookstore! LOL, the cover is so deceiving though... because you think the title is The Trial of Apollo, but that's the series' name!

    ReplyDelete