Friday, May 13, 2016

Dress shopping

I have weddings in June, September and October to attend this year... as a result, I need something to wear, preferably a dress. A friend of mine has a ball to attend to in a few weeks and therefore, also needs a dress. We both, separately, asked K to go dress shopping with us, as she's the fashion guru of the gang. K has decided to kill two birds with one stone by shopping with the two of us at the same time... and well, this has turned out into a shopping adventure because all the other girls want to join :) So the gang is going shopping this afternoon!


Hopefully, later this evening, I'll update this post with what I bought today :)


UPDATE:

Mission accomplished!! EmK and I both found dresses! Yay!!

This was quite an intense shopping adventure. I swear, I must have tried on close to 25 dresses. For a girl who almost never wears one, it's a lot! Basically, I would go in the cabin to try one and the girls (EmK, K and my sister) would just keep bringing more. Because EmK was looking for something for a ball, her choices were more limited and therefore, had more time to look for me LOL.

Going to start with EmK's dress:


Since it was for a ball, we kept telling EmK to go for something a bit more daring or at least, colorful. She tried on a few dresses, but none that brought a smile on her face like this one :) Unfortunately, the curse of being short - she'll have to have the length altered. Hopefully, in time since her event is in 2 weeks.

And now, here is my dress:


This is not something I would have picked for myself... but that's why you go shopping with friends right? The print is not my style... and I guess I had something else in mind. But all my friends agree this was the nicest dress I tried on and the fit is really nice :)

However, what do you think: yay or nay for a wedding? My sister voiced her concerns that perhaps it's not chic enough for a hotel wedding reception...

After shopping, we went for a bite and just stayed at the food court for a couple of hours, talking. It's been a while since we've been together, so it was really nice. Just too bad one of us couldn't make it, but hopefully, soon ;)


10 comments:

  1. I wanna see what you got so pretty please post it tonight! Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much for clothes shopping but going with friends makes it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wena - Definitively had fun shopping and I found something, yay!!

    Leslie - The hardest is when you're shopping for something specific. When it's just for fun, it's easier :) but yes, with friends, it's more fun and definitively helpful in making a decision!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wena - Definitively had fun shopping and I found something, yay!!

    Leslie - The hardest is when you're shopping for something specific. When it's just for fun, it's easier :) but yes, with friends, it's more fun and definitively helpful in making a decision!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have weddings in JUne and September. I have a dress I just need to be good and fit in it!

    The dress my sister picked out.. is not my style and meh.. I'm not feeling it at all.

    Your dress is cute! Print scares me so I stay with solid colors. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *love* your dress! I think with a wrap and heels, it'll look great at the reception. Plus you can probably dress it down with flipflops for a more dressy summer look - so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isabel - I hope you fit in it, Izzy!

    You're a bridesmaid for your sister's right? In that case, indeed, you don't have much say.

    I'm usually not a print person, and seriously, I balked at this one... but the rule is I try on everything that's shove at me... and surprise!

    Li - Thanks Li!! Yeah, need a wrap and shoes, sigh. But at least, I have a dress. I'll probably keep looking, but pretty sure that's going to be it :) and yes, I was thinking of sandals... but I guess heels will make it more chic?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that dress Nath! Sounds like it was a blast overall. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nath, I love this dress for you! You look beautiful and the fit is perfection. Wear it and have the best of times at the wedding.

    It looks as if you had so much fun shopping. But then, you always do! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ames - Thanks Ames! and yes, it's been a while since we haven't all been together, so it was really nice :)

    Hils - Thank you Hils! Now I need shoes, sigh.

    True, I love spending money LOL. Although whenever I'm in your neighborhood, it's different because the selection is wider and the prices are better. So I need to take advantage of it :)

    ReplyDelete