Tuesday, August 29, 2006

August TBR challenge - I'm quite desperate

August TBR challenge was a non-romance.

why the heck did a sign up for this, since I'm an almost-romance-only reader?!?!

Okay... end of the month is in what? 2 more days? Yep... so here is my TBR challenge and I was quite desperate :P (do re-read counts? cos if not, i'm doomed as this one is a re-read...) So, I haven't really read any books that are not romance this month ^^; Angie did recommend to read fantasy or sci-fi and I thought, ah well I'll do that. But I didn't have time too... however, I did read a manga :D So instead of a novel, my TBR challenge is a manga - hope it counts/work


Title: Slam Dunk
Author: Takehiko Inoue
Year published: from 1993 - 1997 in Japan in the Weekly Jump. The original edition is 31 volumes long while the re-edition is 24 volumes long.

Why did you get this book? A friend lent me the series and I fell in love with it.

Do you like the cover? They are 31 covers, some are nicer than others, but I like them all. As the story progresses, the art also improves and so the covers are nicer-looking. The good thing tho is that all the covers have something to do with the story since it's the author who draws them. You don't go, huh? :P I'll post later some of my fav. covers.

Did you enjoy the book? Oh, immensely. It ranks as one of my fav. manga :) The story was good and most important in this case, believable. The art is attractive, the characters are well defined and they stay in characters :) You can't help but like it. The games are entertaining and you really want to know what happens next. It's really a good manga with a good storyline.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? The author was new to me... and I'd read if he did a sequel. He did draw some other mangas since Slam Dunk, but I didn't get the chance to read them yet. But I'll read this author again.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? I'm willing to buy 31 volumes... You bet I keep :)

Anything else? Well, there's been a rumor that the author might write a sequel once he's done with his current work. I really really really hope so :) Anyone who is a sport manga fan, you must read Slam Dunk if you hadn't yet.

French edition by Mangakana and English edition by ... I'm not sure, sorreh. (but scanslations are available)


No comments:

Post a Comment