Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Skintight by Susan Andersen: some thoughts...

hello everyone,

yes, still at the lab... but at least, now I have a full stomach :D another 30min and I should be on my way home... yay: home. nay: 45min of driving. argh. I'm exhausted.

anyway, as I'm waiting again (yes, in science, you do 10 minutes of work and you have 30-45min of waiting), I thought I would post my first thoughts about Skintight:

- I actually like Treena and Jax. I mean, it's almost all the same characters as Just for Kicks and they are all quite likeable.

- the fact that they dance topless (they = Treena and Carly) doesn't bother me. it's work right? (and i've always been bad as picturing what i'm reading)

- Mack and Ellen's love story: hmmm... this one was meh. Actually, Mack seems a bit different from this book than in Just for Kicks. I guess it's because in this one, he lusts for Ellen as in the other, he has her. (again, I'm glad I can't picture what I'm reading... 60 y.o. woman's cleavage? no offense, but not something I find totally attractive)

- Jax + Treena: okay, I have to say yay, Treena never had sex with her husband who was Jax' father. and yes, Jax and Treena do have sex. So yes, I understand that probably, the author thinks that Treena having sex with the father and later, the son would be icky (EWWWW), and so Susan Anderson writes the story in such a way that Treena and Big Jim (why Big?) never consumated their marriage, but please. Why is it that they always do that? yes, I know... the ewww factor, but let's be realistic? what's the probability that a woman marries an older man and never have sex with him before and father the wedding? not at least once? so that, I found a bit unbelievable.

- Other than that, I need to re-read the book again to really enjoy it.


ps - thanx mailyn for the words of encouragement. Yes, it will and it must work.

4 comments:

  1. I read this and can't really remember it. I hate when that happens. I did enjoy it though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, just remember it could be worse. You could be forced to read your least favorite book! LOL. That was lame but it's all I got. I'm not good at cheering people up. Now depressing people. that's my expetise. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And horrible grammar as well. LMAO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ames - it was an enjoyable book. the only big default is the sex thing with Big Jim... just a bit unbelievable.

    mailyn - haha... and don't worry about grammar, i won't notice :D

    ReplyDelete