Monday, October 23, 2006

Arghhh

Okay, I'm feeling a bit down at the moment so bear with me.

first, what is up with the weather? It's been raining and raining and raining so much for the last few weeks, that it is depressing. Grey sky, cold weather. Eww.

Oh, and I was so excited this morning because I thought it was McGill's bookfair today and tomorrow. Turns out the bookfair starts only Wednesday. GRRR. I guess I could tell myself at least, I didn't show up there for nothing nor did I miss it... but still cheap books, I want.

Hmmm, what's been bothering the most tho is that I'm in a major procastinating mood. I have these data to analyze so I can prepare my presentation(for November) and start my final report (December) for my master... I've been done with the manips ever since beginning of September. Did I do anything? Nope. Niet. Nothing. Nada. I've been telling myself to start these damn analysis for weeks and still... and what did I learn this morning, that the presentations might be on November 14. Are you kidding me?!?! That's like in 3 weeks. Hello, could you give us some warning? Like one month in advance!! No. I hate this program. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Okay, I know that some of it is my fault as I haven't done anything, but still... There's a big different between November 14 and November 29... Like 2 weeks. and I'll take those two weeks!

So I guess that's why I'm feeling down a bit. I want to go buy books to cheer me up, but I'm like... where should I go? Indigo/Chapters? Don't feel like it because I'd have to go look for parking... and for some reasons, recently, they don't have the books I want. UBS? I only know one good one on Ste-Catherine... and altho it's a UBS, I find it a bit expensive. I mean, 5-6$ for a used books. I actually know a place where they sell 3 books for the price of 1 and those are new books (not new as in very recent, but new as in not used)... however, they've just changed owners and so I don't know if they still get new stocks. Plus, it's not really on my way (well nothing is really on my way)... So what should I do? Yeah, I know, go home and analyze... don't wanna :(

11 comments:

  1. I have no words of wisdom, only commiseration! When I want to avoid something I always want to read ( or buy perfume! )

    Sometimes I can make myself do something by making some guilt free reading the reward but normally my devil self just tells my good self to screw off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm just tired. Anyway, as the dateline approaches, I'm going to start moving. I'm real good under pressure, but it's not the best way to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nath-that sucks. None of my usual bookstores are near me too. So don't buy the books. lol Get to work on your report!!

    Three weeks is better than two, so please try to be optimistic about this. :P I don't want you to stress out, then where would you be?

    SICK. And that's not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ames,

    I just feel like ranting/whining/complaining. Actually, when I think about it, it shouldn't be so bad. The analysis shouldn't take that much time, cos basically, I plug the numbers in one formula... Also, half of everything (background research, powerpoint presentation, speech) is done. I guess I'm just stress out because it is a presentation. I hate public speaking... then again, it's only 20% of my mark. Not too bad. Slow and deep breath. I'll start to work on it tomorrow... wednesday... maybe friday ^^; :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate public speaking too. But whenever I had to do it, I would make sure I was super prepared and knew all my stuff. And see, you explained it to yourself, and it's not that bad. :P

    I'll start to work on it tomorrow... wednesday... maybe friday

    Procrastinators unite! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ames - Procastinator Power!

    I don't know when the procastination started to be that bad... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. November 14 is my birthday!!!! OK, that was random. LOL.

    I'm sorry you are feeling bad and I relate to the procrastination. It sucks but what can you do? Is it a lot of work that you have left?

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Public speaking isn't bad. Just think as if you are doing them a favor. You are granting them the opportunity to look at your fabulous self. For that alone they should be grateful yet you are also letting them listen to your fabulous speech! See? They will be in awe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww (((hugs)))!

    Hope you're feeling a bit better today? :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mailyn - well I'm estimating that I have about half of the work left... so it's not so bad... as in, I'm not starting from scratch (which is the most difficult). As for public speaking, never thought of it that way :) a favor to others... gonna try, but I'll probably forget to :P anyway, it's only 20%... and actually, because it's a new program, they're very lenient... they don't want to ruin the program's reputation yet... so everything is in my favor.

    Zeek - Yes, I do feel better... altho at this moment, I'm bracing for a fight with my dad. Apparently, I sleep-walk yesterday night... and now my dad is convinced it's because I read too much. So he told my sis to tell me to read less. Well yeah, what am I going to do if I don't read?!? I can't see this ending well, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! You READ too much? Uh no. I thought sleep walking had to do with what's on your mind? I noticed my niece will when she's agitated or anxious ...

    ReplyDelete