Monday, October 30, 2006

Surprise, more books!

All right :) So I didn't do much reading this week-end... I've only re-read Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder (review in previous post :P)

since I obviously have no review, well I can only share with you my new books (yep, I've bought more books, but all before last Saturday). But before, I want to share with you the tv series I've been watching over the week-end... It's been a long time since I've seen such an entertaining "ancient" tv series. So here are the opening theme and the subtheme... I'm addicted to the subtheme. I find the song really good ;D

**EDIT April 1, 2012: The videos were expired and I couldn't find replacements, so I decided to take them down.



I also had a favorite couple in this series :D He's an assassin and she's on the good side... basically, they're enemies, but they love each other. I have to say tho that the series didn't focus on them and I think that they didn't have enough screen time T_T


Sad thing tho is that I didn't really like the costume design and hairstyles of this series... ah well, can't have it all I guess.


All right, onto the books now :D

UBS finds:

Prince of Swords/ Still Lake/ the Widow by Anne Stuart
Winterset by Candace Camp

Chapters/Indigo buy:

No Rest of the Wicked by Kresley Cole
The Ultimatum by Susan Kearney
Nine Lives by Sharon Sala
Lord Perfect by Loretta Chase
Doppelganger by Marie Brennan
Everything's coming up, Rosie by Kasey Micheals
Devil's Waltz / Cold as Ice by Anne Stuart

Online orders:

Born in Death by J.D. Robbs
Gifts of Love by Kay Hooper and Lisa Kleypas
Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Billionaires Prefer Blondes by Suzanne Enoch


So that's it :D I have to say tho that I've been buying way too much books (esp. in the past two weeks)... so I'm officially taking a break ^^; well at least, until I find out whether or not that new Indigo has any opening promotions... if there are, I'll find something to buy (you have to take advantages of those promotional sales!) and if not, then well I'll continue to be on break :P

9 comments:

  1. I pre-ordered Born in Death too!

    I've read No Rest for the Wicked but I thought it was just meh. I mean, the book held my interest (mostly) to the end but the main characters annoyed the HELL outta me. I have a review up on my personal blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh heh, you sound like you need an intervention :-)

    me too. between ebay, amazon, and the UBS, I've brought about 40 books into the house in the last month. we're incorrigible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major score on all the Stuart books you got. I'm not in any real hurry for No Rest for the Wicked. I liked the first one well enough, but if I'm patient and can wait until they show up at Walmart, they are much cheaper there. Sadly Walmart is a couple of weeks behind the book stores on getting books in and sometimes I'm just too impatient. I've thought about preordering BID but sometimes books come into the stores sooner than they do when you order on-line. But in the meantime, I'm rereading Memories In Death - just to get ready. While I thought Extreme Exposure was OK - I didn't enjoy it as much as her historicals. BUT I just finished reading Hard Evidence and loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't watch the videos at work, but I'm very envious of your new purchases.

    One of my cousins is in from out of town, and she wants to go book shopping this week sometime.

    She hasn't seen my room-she doesn't know about my many, many books! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all that series look so good! Oh and let me guess, they don't end up together. Gawd I just hate the angst!!!! Although watching so much anime I SHOULD be used to it by now. LOL.

    WOW. O_o

    So many books!!!! How big is your TBR now??

    ReplyDelete
  6. *smacks forehead*

    I've read A Hunger Like No Other, NOT No Rest For the Wicked. I got the two confused! All these paranormal titles just sound alike. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DC - well it seems my copy of Born in Death will take a while to arrive... but I don't mind :D Yeah, No Hunger like Mine was meh, I didn't like Emma, but still, I'm giving the series another try. Let see if this one is better.

    Laura - I think I do need an intervention ^^; I'm trying tho... there should be like: Impulsive book buyer anonym association or something ;P I think I've got you beating tho... 40 books last month? I probably got around 40 books in the last 2 WEEKS!

    Kristie - wow, I didn't imagine that Stuart's books were that difficult to find!! Most of them can't be ordered on chapters/indigo either! I know that Walmart is late... but at least, you have that option. I don't. Our Walmart really have little variety. They get the Mira Romance books and that's about it for romance (besides the Harlequins). So that's not an option. As for BID, it's not pre-ordering it or not, but it's just buying it online... get to save 39% :D I've been curious about Extreme Exposure for a long time... I like kids, so hope I'll enjoy it.

    Ames - she'll probably want to save money by borrowing a couple of your books! My friends came over this week-end and they raid my manga shelves!

    Mailyn - actually, they do get together :D but I heard that in the novel, they commit suicide to be together T_T The series was a great surprise tho for me, cos as I said, it's been a long time I haven't enjoyed an "ancient" series so much... Condor Heroes doesn't count because I knew the story already. My TBR pile is getting big, but not as big as Ames or Kristie or even DC :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nath - from the video, it looks like they jump off a cliff together at the end so I assumed they committed suicide to be together. Of course, maybe they can fly!


    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cindy,

    the clip is a music video, so basically, the person took scenes from the series and arrange them... so the scenes are not in order... they did jump the cliff, but they survived... (don't ask me how, it wasn't shown. but in those shows, they always survive when they jump the cliff).They have a HEA ending: they got married, lived a simple life and had kids.

    ReplyDelete